Following the completion of the first Multi-Author Team meeting from 27-30 September at Goudini, a Zero Order Draft (ZOD) was developed by all of the specialist teams working on the SEA strategic issues.
The ZOD is an expanded table of contents for each strategic issue and generally covers, in brief:
- the structure of the chapters in terms of key issues and terms;
- international experience;
- special features of the Karoo environment;
- examples of risks to be assessed and how across different scenarios;
- best practice guidelines;
- monitoring requirements;
- and areas where there is insufficient information to make reasonable assessment judgements.
Stakeholders are invited to provide comment on the ZOD, which can be dowloaded here or from the “Downloads” page on the project website ( http://seasgd.csir.co.za/library/).
Comments on the scope of the ZOD in terms of covering the material issues related to shale gas development will be taken by the project team from 21 October 20145 until 20 November 2015. The comments will be arranged, organised and considered by the project team and then forwarded to the author teams working on the assessment, but not responded to on an individual basis.
Please submit any comments on the ZOD by registering as a stakeholder (http://seasgd.csir.co.za/iap-portal/) and submitting comments via the “Contact Us” page on the project website (http://seasgd.csir.co.za/contact-us/). Comments may also be submitted directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.